Friday, May 05, 2006

Bunny Hill

Liv and I took a little trip this week to visit the wild bunnies that live in this giant warren in Woodland Park. There's been talk about and even attempts to exterminate the bunnies because of the INCREDIBLE amount of droppings (they are like a level of mulch in the grass even a couple hundred meters away from the main warren), but short of napalm and carpet bombing it is probably a lost cause. Anyway, we like the bunnies.


She's just so shy around the camera.


Numbers are definitely down - usually the rocks are covered.


Bunny.


Maybe if I get really really tiny, he won't see me.


We found this little shrine, and Livvie asked what it was. I said it looked like it might be a grave for a bunny that died. She said, "But, we don't want it to be a bunny. Maybe it's a squirrel!"


Enough! I'm eatin' my snack!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Currently, the plan in action is Relocation of the bunnies. They box trap them and move them to some bunny reserve in the country.

I actually saw the event posted on the WAMU CAN! site.

I didn't volunteer for it, though. I like the bunnies at the park, too. My bus travels past that area on the way home so I get see bunny daily.

I love bunnies!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home